Saturday, February 16, 2008

Obamania

Confession.

I have been hit with a strange new illness. Obamania.

It spread out, this time from America, crept across the Antlantic, and has suddenly struck me. I should have been more vigilant.

My mate, (he supports Clinton), saw it very early on. He accused me of it some 3-4 weeks ago? I denied. Impossible.

I am a rational thinking human being, who is not struck by such irrational fancies.

But I am spending so much time looking at news of the American primaries, and, I confess, looking up Barack Obama, that I must shamefully admit it.

I am star struck. Obamania

But, me, being me, I have to rationalise. This is why I am suffering this intriguing, uncharacteristic, un-understood, hopeless, much unliked, un-recommended ailment. Not in my words. But those of a 10 year old girl more than a couple of continents away.

Mrs. Obama told a story about meeting a 10-year-old girl at a rally in South Carolina.

"I need to tell you something," the girl told Mrs. Obama.

"Okay," Mrs. Obama replied.

"Do you realize that after your husband becomes the next president of the United States it will be historical?" the girl informed her.

"Yeah," Mrs. Obama told her. "But what does that mean to you?"

"It means I can imagine anything for myself," the girl said, breaking down in tears.

---

Any comment I add would be superflous.

GayUganda

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

SIGH!!! YOU HAVE INDEED BEEN DRAWN OVER TO THE DARK SIDE. tHERE IS STILL HOPE IF YOU SWEAR TO ME YOU ARE NOT ON FACE BOOK. I AM STARTING MY OWN CAMPAIGN- AGAINST IT

Princess said...

superfluous indeed!
I am also suffering from Obamania.
Why do we have to wait till November to hear him announced President?

Anonymous said...

The story you related in closing of Mrs. Obama meeting a 10-year-old girl at a rally in South Carolina made my eyes flush with hot tears.

Dare to dream.
Dare to become.

Post a Comment