Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pedestals of Pride

You believe I don’t-

understand you, that is;

for the gulf of years, knowledge, power

in between the two;



You believe the quick, rapid fire words,

doubting your eyes, the hunger and pain in mine;



You’re deaf; blind and deaf

to my bleeding heart, for my stronger words-



Lord, can you not look, see

beyond that fragile shield of pride?

that wall; thick looking, brittle-

to that dam of mortal pain?



I can’t break your pride-

mine’s a suit of armor

to hide my soul, bathed in salt;



Look love, the world’s short, time’s brief

can we not, one the other’s pride unclothe-

stand together, both naked in our skins?



Will we the love of our lives, demean, destroy,

on our proud pedestals of pride?




©GayUganda 30 Aug. 2008

5 comments:

Princess said...

This is loaded with layers of meaning.
I'm afraid it has escaped me though.Explain?

Leonard said...

It kept getting to me (part of which I pushed away...don't know why...maybe extra sensitive?).

angelinjones said...

A whole world is mimed and voiced, from the whip of an angling rod to the fuzzle of a cappuccino dispenser, and the result is not naturalism, but a dainty, homosocial reality where everything is mechanically just so.
-----------------------------------
Angelinjones

gayuganda said...

Hi Angelin,

must say I have totally not understood what you wrote!!!!! Just wondering whether it is praise or criticism!

Anyway, does not actually matter.

Princess. Think of a fight. A fight as between a couple. Dont have to say more, do I?

Leonardo, for some reason, it affects me like so too!

spiralx said...

I liked it! Hope you two get through it, as you have so many times before!

Post a Comment