Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To a friend far away... who loves poetry



With real Poetry, the words rarely are plain,


but a blend of colours,


the favored palate unique for each poet, poetess;



yet its more than the plain words that touch-


more; spirit thread, soul essence:


a weave of mind, spirit, and soul,


subtly, or overtly expressive


over and above the words I see;


They are the trellis, the skeleton to uphold,


yet more, they now are an entity-


spirit and soul inseparable;



layers in layers of meaning-


meaning buried in meaning,


a whorled fruit, the leaves to unwrap


revealing more depths, meanings


with each fragile layer touched.




©GayUganda 13 Oct. 08

1 comment:

gayuganda said...

For some reason, bitterness is clouding my perception. I am feeling too bitter, too sarcastic, for a while.

That is why I do not want to post, why I am not posting. When I see what I write in response to nevender's goading, I do not feel ok...!

Enjoy the poem.

Post a Comment