Thursday, May 22, 2008

Off with my Head!

For some reason, because I am gay, some people sincerely believe that I should die.

Want to 'cut off my head'. Duh. Paranoia? Here is from the His Excellency of Gambia, a tiny riverine country in West Africa.

President plans to kill off every single homosexual

Gambian President Yahya Jammeh says he will “cut off the head” of any homosexual caught in his country.

Monday 19 May 2008

Addressing supporters at the end of his meet the farmers tour here Sunday,

Jammeh also ordered any hotel or motel housing homosexuals to close down, adding that owners of such facilities would also be in trouble.

He said the Gambia was a country of believers, indicating that no sinful and immoral act as homosexual would be tolerated in the country.

He warned all homosexuals in the country to leave, noting that a legislation “stricter than those in Iran ” concerning the vice would be introduced soon.

President Jammeh said he was bent on making the Gambia one of the best countries to live in, adding that his government had spent over US$ 100 million towards the development of the country since 1994.

He said, however, that almost 98 per cent of the amount had gone to foreigners. Panapress .

Duh, double duh.

I am an African. Am also homosexual. Seems according to this leader of mine, I am no African because I am homosexual. Or I cannot be a homosexual because I am African?

Anyway, I am. Will hold that thought. In my head. The one which is supposed to be cut off!

A good morning to you all, Africans and all gay Africans.

GayUganda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up with blogger today? Its cranky I guess.

Apparently I'm not African according to the Gambian head of state? Well... he'd better send that memo to my boss so that he can start paying me like an expatriate!

See? a bright side to everything :)

Princess said...

Wilde's got a point there...

But such utter lack of common sense, I cannot for the life of me comprehend!
"Cut off their heads!"
Hmmph.

As idiotic as those raging [and lunatic] South Africans.

gayuganda said...

[Suspiciously]

What books have you been reading in my abscence Princess?

strong4u said...

Hello I am a black American. Please visit my blog so that you can learn about my being black and gay in the US of A. Feel free to leave comments on the site as well.

peace always,

Strong

http://strong11foru.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment