Wednesday, October 3, 2007

'Free Burma!'


Free Burma!


This I do, for freedom;
Freedom, what a concept!

Freedom to think,
to be, to live,
To live and let live;

Freedom to love,
To love and be loved;
Freedom to hug,
To hug and be hugged;
Freedom to hold,
To hold and be held.

Freedom. Interesting. The absence of freedom; that makes the heart yearn to be free. When we are free, we doubt that we are, and chafe at common problems.

May Burma know Freedom, in my lifetime.

Check out the Free Burma! Link for what you can do about it.

-------

Sorry, told you that my brain seems to ooze words when I least expect it. I did not want to post again, but well, this is what happened when I got a pen in my hand and had a piece of paper nearby.

04 Oct. 2007

Today,

my blogging brain is to Burma gone;

my conscious mind by Myanmar occupied,


by that strange colour,

freedom, a peaceful freedom,

the colour of the monks’ robes,

hiding blood red spilt on them

by the truncheons, guns of bullies.


Today, this day;

I’m in Burma brain;

may you know freedom-

it’s lovely fruit touch at last;

today.

©GayUganda 04 Oct. 2007


GayUganda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREE Burma!!!

Bush slammed the UN and the rulers of Myanmar in his UN speech last week.

The UN must do something, but they never use military force to fight.
That is a huge problem.

Illegal drug fortunes are a BIG part of this.

absurd thought -
God of the Universe wants
complete narco states

criminals in power
loving the corrupt drug war


absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
shoot peaceful protesters

calling for democracy
which you must never allow


absurd thought -
God of the Universe thinks
keep trying communism

you can never KILL too much
pursuing Utopia...


http://free-burma.org/

http://absurdthoughtsaboutgod.blogspot.com/

:)
.

gayuganda said...

Hi uspace,

welcome.
Y' know, we could add more to that absurd thought, ha?

We always know what the solution is.

Most times the solution turns out to be impossible for us to implement,

so we turn to a god that should be, and should be omnipotent. So we blame him.

Well, absurd thought.

Maybe he is not.

Or he is not omnipotent?

Gosh, all this thinking makes my head ache.

I know one thing. Freedom is precious. And Burma has had little of it in the last 45 years.

Just a simple vibe to them from me. May they know freedom in my lifetime.

gug

Post a Comment