Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stolen Kisses

It’s a very lovely day outside. I am biased. This land, Uganda is my home. I was born just a few hills away from where I live now. I have lived here most of my life. I have travelled a little, but always come back.

When I look out of my eyes, I see home. I see a land with beauty that is incomparable in my eyes.

Others may see dust. They may see wild nature unevenly tamed. You may notice the corroding effect of man too closely forced together. The slums of Katwe and Katanga, the crater lakes in the roads. The traffic jams which make me not long to go to other cities famed for their jams.

But for me, in Kampala, in Uganda, I see home. Beautiful home. Nothing can improve it in my eyes. Yes, I am severely prejudiced. But I would not have it any other way.

And then of course, there is this;




Stolen Kisses


Love,

Why shouldn’t I kiss you,

Just because I feel like kissing you?

Why shouldn’t I touch your lips,

When the whole world will applaud?


My love’s a river, mighty;

My motion like a mountain, living;

My heart’s alive, beating




©GayUganda 27 Oct. 07


PS. There is a ‘not’ that, considering who I am, is missing. But I did not want to put it there. Why should I?

In truth the world is beautiful outside. Enjoy your day.

gug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gug. love the poem about stolen kisses.

i love kissing! and the stolen ones are all the more sweeter.

gayuganda said...

Hi Cindy,

where have you been all this time?

Yeah, stolen kisses are sweet aren't they? I think it is part of the thrill in my love. The secrecy of the stolen kisses. I can never kiss in public, unless I am kissing you of course!

Welcome back.

gug

Anonymous said...

lol... one of these days i will meet you and demand for that kiss.

i've been travelling around the country but not with a laptop so haven't been online.

Post a Comment