Thursday, November 15, 2007

We do live in the same world, Dont we?

Saudi gang-rape victim is jailed

An appeal court in Saudi Arabia has doubled the number of lashes and added a jail sentence as punishment for a woman who was gang-raped.

/

Hundreds of Nigerian robbers shot

Nigeria's police chief Mike Okiro has admitted that 785 suspected armed robbers have died in encounters with police in the last three months.

/

Diet Tricks of the Stars

You don't have to deprive yourself of what you love. Hollywood celebrities reveal their best tricks for how to drop pounds, conquer cravings, and have your bagel and eat it too

/

Sometimes I do wonder. Whether we do live in the same world! One seems so glitzy and fun. And another very unfun. Yet they are all the same world.

Lousy mood. Yeah, you notice. But tomorrow I will be fine. Back to bouncy, appreciating the beauty of this very beautiful world, and wondering why I am so blessed, and others not so!

Why is there no fairness in this world? Why do we have different ideas of what is fair and what is not? Are we just wired to believe in a deity? In fairness?
Something used to disturb me, back when I was searching for a deity to believe in. I could not believe that, with the world so big, there would be a god who most of the world did not believe in. By that I meant the Christian god, and the fact that I knew that most of the Chinese and Indians are not Christians. I wondered, how could we all have different truths of god?

Maudlin thinking. Maudlin mood.

Have a good night.

And be thankful that you are alive and able to think like you do.

GayUganda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- the BEST gods have the fewest worshippers!

It's quality, not quantity that matters!

-- like the percentage of gays in the general population.

I mean, you don't want to be just like the majority, do you?

(with a loving grin)

gayuganda said...

Well,

I do like that. The majority, it is not really attractive!

Though I used to wonder at the god who would send all the majority of humans to my idea of hell.

gug

Post a Comment