Thursday, July 3, 2008

Call me Gay, not Homosexual

Have been chuckling to myself about this.

Am gay, and homosexual. But some good Christians take the bludgeon of 'homosexual' to crucify me. Here is the extent of their fixation on my sexuality.

And yes, words do matter.

THE American Family Association has a strict policy to replace the word "gay" with "homosexual" on its news website - but it created a problem with sprinter Tyson Gay.

The association's computer's auto-corrected the US sprint star's name to Tyson Homosexual.

Here's an extract of an Associated Press story as it ran on the association's OneNewsNow Christian news website:

Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has. His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind.

Here's what does matter: Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."


If I say that my problem with some Christians is that they act like that computer, I am sure I am not going to be understood. So, I will risk being mis-understood. Many Christians, and other good people, act so much like that computer that it is an embarrassing problem. Problem is that it is my problem.

Gug

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I read about this on another site and it tickled me.

You know what, I do the same thing to news that I get from the internet, except I have my browser change the words 'christian' and 'conservative' to 'bigot'.

DeTamble said...

I love you Wilde! You're as funny as Ivan :D but cooler.

gayuganda said...

Hi WildeY, you are more gay than I am!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ermm... I think the word is 'homosexual' gug. :)

SGL Café.com said...

Fundie Follies! If it wasn't so scary and sad it would be hilarious ....

Post a Comment