Wednesday, August 22, 2007

They Know!

Wow

Here I was, all ready to start telling my family that I am gay, and surprise, surprise. Turns out that they have known! I feel embarrassed. I thought they were blind; turns out I am the one who is blind! What a lesson in life!

But it means that some things which have not been happening now have to happen. Reckonings to pay. Now, I am relieved. I do not have to tell people about me, after all they know. I just have to ask them what they are going to do about it. Now that I know that they know! Twisted logic. The knowledge of my ‘blindness’ or supposed blindness has been a mist that I weaved myself. Otherwise, it was already on the cards. My brothers and sisters knew. Fact is that they have been discussing it. Wow! I feel cheated. I am going to hold a few accountable for that!

Now, big things. Does my dad know? He is enough a man of the world to know. And he may as well know. Does my mum know? She actually might. I have to trace this knowledge which has apparently spread while I was too blind! I think Mom may know!!!!!!!!

One sister has kindly suggested that I go hide somewhere. I have told her that once upon a time I would have done exactly that. But now, I don’t think I am so evil that I should reinforce their rejection of me. Matter of fact, I don’t think I am evil. And then comes to my aid the stubborn characteristic I am said to have. I know I am not bad. That knowledge is going to be put severely to test, because some pretty insistent people are going to tell me how bad I am! Quarrels within the family where we will agree to disagree. But I am not rejecting my birthright. I am what I am. If they had not known, as I am sure they could not have known for many of the years that I was not so open they would not have challenged me on that. Now that they know, my gay pride will come to the fore. To stand my ground and claim my right as a human being and a member of the human family! No half measures about that.

But it promises to be a battle to consider. Though I have to be cautious not to consider everyone any enemy before they so declare. After all, they have not rejected me overtly, even when they knew!

Wow, again. How this changes everything! I just don’t know what to think, less what to do!

GayUganda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GAYS PROTESTANTES ESPAÑOLES SE SOLIDARIZAN CON ACTIVISTAS DE UGANDA ANTE LA PERSECUCIÓN DE ORGANIZACIONES RELIGIOSAS



MADRID, 25 (SERVIMEDIA)

El portavoz de los Gays Evangélicos, Andrés de Laportilla,
expresó hoy su solidaridad con activistas gays de Uganda que
están siendo acosados por grupos religiosos cristianos y
musulmanes del país.

De Laportilla comentó que estos activistas están siendo
acosados por los citados grupos religiosos por denunciar la
política homófoba del Gobierno ugandés.

Además, el portavoz de los Gays Evangélicos pidió a los
partidos políticos y a los colectivos gays de España que expresen
su apoyo y solidaridad a estos activistas homosexuales de
Uganda, "que se están jugando la vida por su creencias y por su
orientación sexual".

Por otro lado, De Laportilla pidió a la Federación de
Entidades Religiosas Evangélicas de España (Ferede) que termine
con la homofobia de alguno de los pastores protestantes en
España.

En este sentido, De Laportilla comentó el caso de dos
lesbianas que, según dijo, una iglesia evangélica "intenta
convertir en heterosexuales". "No se puede forzar a la
conversión a la heterosexualidad desde el cristianismo",
sentenció.
EVANGELICOS GAYS DE ESPAÑA WWW.FEYVIDA.ES

gayuganda said...

English translation of above comment from Roberto


SPANISH PROTESTANT GAYS SUPPORT WITH ACTIVISTS OF UGANDA BEFORE THE PERSECUTION OF RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS



MADRID, 25 (SERVIMEDIA)

The spokesman of the Gays Evangelical, Andrés de Laportilla,
gays of Uganda expressed its solidarity with activists today that
they are being harassed by Christian religious groups and
Muslims of the country.

Of Laportilla he commented that these activists are being
harassed by the mentioned religious groups to denounce
policy homófoba of the Ugandan Government.

In addition, the spokesman of the Gays Evangelical requested to
political parties and to the groups gays of Spain that expresses
its support and solidarity to these homosexual activists of
Uganda, “that is gambling the life by their beliefs and his
sexual direction ".

On the other hand, Of Laportilla it requested to the Federation of
Evangelical Religious organizations of Spain (Ferede) that finishes
with homofobia of some of the protestant shepherds in
Spain.

In this sense, Of Laportilla it commented the case of two
lesbians who, according to said, an evangelical church “tries
to turn heterosexuals ". “It is not possible to be forced to
conversion to the heterosexualidad from the Christianity ",
it sentenced.
EVANGELICAL GAYS OF SPAIN WWW.FEYVIDA.ES

Post a Comment