Monday, June 12, 2023

My sexuality? Our sexual orientations? They don’t matter much.

 

If you ask fellow Ugandans and Africans, my sexuality as an LGBTQ+ African is of burning concern. A Clear and Present Danger: of people killing concern.

I got into a random discussion with someone. I intimated he was gay. He protested. I said I didn’t care. (Shrug, I didn’t care. There was no reason for me to care. It was irrelevant.)
He continued insisting he was straight. I told him it just doesn’t matter to me whether a random person on the internet is gay or straight. Of course it matters to them. But, it doesn’t matter to me.

A weird moment of insight. Truly weird.
So, I slept with a man last night. Today, I will sleep with a woman. Those are random facts of my days. Why do they matter to you? Why would they matter to you? A sober question to yourself: why does it matter?

The sex was great. There is extra bounce in my step today. And I will feel the night-after-buzz all day long. But, that’s none of you concern, is it?
Maybe you didn’t have any sex last night. And you are a little jealous. We can laugh about that, and go our different ways.

Is that weird?

It is the politicians who care. And they care for political reasons.

Speaker Anita Among minds, because passing the Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2023 in Uganda’s parliament is a poke in President Museveni’s eye. And increases her popularity. She can shout that the big bad American homosexuals denied her a US visa.
It matters to her for pragmatic political reasons.

President Museveni minds. Being virulently anti-gay is politically popular in Uganda. Elections are years away, but, a good politician takes any political advantage.

Do not discount politics in religion.

Pentecostal Pastor Bujjingo is thinking about hitting Pastor Kayanja’s popularity.

The Anglican Communion is having convulsions and breaking apart. [The reason given is my sexuality]
The Archbishop of the Church of Uganda, Anglican Primate is eager to prove he is the biggest, baddest wolf leading the break away faction. He instigated the Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2023 in Uganda. He has been begging the President to sign it into law. A ‘Christian’ praying for life imprisonment and death for other…, but thats politics!

And the Catholic Church in Uganda? They don’t agree with Pope Francis washing the feet of [sinners] homosexuals in Rome. If their silence on the Anti-Homosexuality Act 2023 puts them closer to hard line Catholic Bishops in America, well.., that is how the political winds are blowing in the Catholic Church.

My sex and sexuality?
It doesn’t really matter to these politicians. I am marvellous and fantastic.., but not that marvellous and important. It is politics.

Sobering insight. I was developing this huge ego. In the sober light of day, it doesn’t matter much. Sigh…!

 

gug

No comments:

Post a Comment